Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Just to clarify...

When I decided to start this blog, I did it because I know that many of my failed romantic relationships (and sometimes even friendships) have been unsuccessful because of what I have brought to the table. And yes, eventually I would like one of these whirlwind romances to withstand the hurricane and settle into a gentle, sustainable breeze. What I didn't realize in all my self-exploring glory, was how this quest to get my poop in a group (to get my s**t together) may be viewed as an intense husband-search project.

Let me assure you....that ain't it.

Ultimately, yes, I'd like to be a part of a partnership. But right now, and through this blog, I just want to - no, I need to - do ME. I need to watch the game film of my relational life (the highlights and the blooper reel) and assess the attitudes and actions that have me where I am today - single, a little emotionally bruised, a not-so-hopeless romantic and many dreams deferred for those who didn't deserve it.

If anything, I'm realizing just how far away I am from being alter-ready....

...now I just need to figure out what to do with all of that info.


Hope that clears things up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment