Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

6WS: It's Raining Men (No Hallelujah here!)

After calling off my engagement last year, I went through a bit of  a dry spell in the romance department.  Sure, I needed time to heal blah, blah....but by the time I was ready to put myself back out there, I really started to wonder where the heck all the good men had run off to.  There was that moment with The Professor that turned out to be a big waste of everybody's time and energy, but beyond that - nada.

And then something happened....I'm not exactly sure what the catalyst was for this change, but suddenly there are a number of men vying for my attention.  Sounds exciting, doesn't it???

It's not.  

I have never been the girl who can date more than one guy at a time.  Maybe that's (insert some negative adjective here) of me, but I just don't know how to do it.  I like to get to know people without feeling like I'm on some damn game show.  I don't want to have to balance an overflowing social calendar with all the other stuff I have going on in my life.  I don't even know that rules of multiple man dating.  Do I keep that information private?  Should I be up front and let them know I'm dating other people?  What if I start to like one of them...how do I end things with the others?  Is there a responsibility for full disclosure at that point?  What if someone starts to like me??

Seriously, I'm exhausted just thinking about the logistics of all of this.....



You know the 6WS drill by now.....visit Call Me Cate and show everyone a bit of comment luv, won't ya?!

~TSC~

13 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I didn't like the whole "game show" dating thing either.

    Happy SWS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that. My girlfriends seem to think I'm nuts for not soaking it all in. I guess we're just all hardwired differently.

      Delete
  2. I don't like "dating" in general. And "good ones are hard to find" is very true. Praying for you! Stopping by from 6WS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate (and need) the prayers. If you find a good one, throw him my way! (Actually, don't....not until I sort out the mess I'm in already) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Agreed, all the way. No one really wants to know if you're Dating Others, and no one wants to know why or who. And yet if you do and don't tell, isnt that being sneaky? what happens when contestant #1 sees you out on a date with contestant #2?
    oh, lord yes. Life is too short to have to deal with that. LOVE the photo by the way.

    And it's hard enough breaking up with one fella, what must it be like to break up with a group..."I've called you all here today to discuss something important..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, mittens....how you've captured my sentiments! There are so many questions that get raised and until I have less question marks than exclamation points, I'm going to stick to being a studio audience member while others play the game.

      In other news, I'm glad you enjoy the picture....it cheered me up a little bit, too!

      Delete
  4. If we are honest, I don't think any of us like the dating game. I don't think you need to tell anyone you are dating other people unless things get serious. Then I think you need to or end it with someone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See...I don't want to end up in the place where someone is starting to get serious and I'm feeling serous with someone else. Oh, its all too complicated! Maybe I'll just stay single and blog.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad to hear that there are others who share my feelings towards this. I was really beginning to believe that I had some genetic deficit. The many men I spoke about are all great guys....I've just never been good at juggling.

    Fire eating, however....

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL re: fire eating! Juggling guys is truly tiring and tiresome, especially if you're serious about having a monogamous, long-term relationship. It just eats up way too much time. Praying for a quick resolution of the current "situation." :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the payers! I am interested in a monogamous, long-term relationship....called "a marriage." I'm thinking that diversifying my portfolio really isn't the way to get to that point....

      Delete
  7. Never felt comfortable in that scene either, but on the other hand, being married is hard work, too. I hope you find the right balance.

    My 6ws is here: http://mlissabeth.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/six-word-saturday83/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Mlissabeth! The hard work of marriage, however, I look forward to. That work seems collaborative. My parents have been married for 40 years, both of my older siblings for at least a decade and I hear about the work that goes into making it stick. Hard - yes, but so worth it.

      Ahh....one day!

      Delete